the BEST banana pancakes
If you know me then you know breakfast is my all time favorite meal, and if I could I would eat it all day, every day! I wanted to find something that works though without using my gluten free flour! This recipe is flourless, and even nut free!
My recipe calls for cinnamon and vanilla extract but I wanted to make sure y'all knew you could choose to use whatever spices you'd like! The recipe below shows how. much you would need for one person, but you could always modify for a group if you needed to. Just use the ratio 2 eggs: 1.5 bananas. For example if you are wanting to make these for a family of four you will want to use 8 eggs and 6 bananas!
So how I even came across making these was at the end of the week I had some ripe bananas ( you know those ones no-one wants to touch cause they have brown spots) and thought I really want pancakes but don't really want to eat more carbs today (yo girl had already had spaghetti, homemade gluten free bread, and a gf cookie.. you see why I was like uhhh better not ha!) So this was created! I will say these pancakes are harder to flip, so my advice would be to make them the smaller the better so flipping is easier and then stack those pancakes girl and eat them down!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp of baking powder
- honey (optional)
- all natural peanut butter (optional)
Time to Bake
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them
- Grab you another bowl and go ahead and lightly mash the bananas with a fork
- Add your eggs, the baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the mashed bananas and stir them together
- Use 2 tablespoons of batter at a time, because remember smaller is easier to flip! It's important to keep your heat on medium-low so they don't burn! It takes about 2 mins before they are ready to flip.
- Serve with your choice of toppings!
For more fun recipes sign up below!